The primary function of the NDT Technician Level II is to perform equipment calibrations and conduct testing in accordance with procedures approved by the NDT Level III Technician. Interprets, evaluates and documents test results and supervises work performed by Trainees andLevel I Technicians.
This position is a Technician level and reports to the NDT Lab Manager.
Policy / Decisions: Low.
- Conducts a variety of tests using established methods. Tasks are performed both in the laboratory and off site. Prepares test specimens, sets up and adjusts test equipment and records test data.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Maintains related test equipment, tools, and machinery in good working condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and or Certification in at least one NDT method, MT, GPR, IR, VT, PT, UT, ET, RT, and or experience with Gamma and Computed radiography.
Years of ExperienceMinimum experience level: 2+ years.
Must be familiar with testing codes and standards.
Experience with a variety of application software programs is preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications and Licenses
- Ability to organize and document results of tests.
- Familiar with testing codes and standards.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle within company policy. A valid driver’s license is required.·
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect.
- 40-hours radiation safety training
- IRRSP card for industrial radiography
Exceptional safety and quality awareness
Organizational SavvyAdaptable to changing schedules
Exceptional attention to detailInterest in professional development
Strong work ethic
Required to routinely lift up to 50 pounds
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
Paid Time Off
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions, if does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion,