Engineering Technician Specialist in Materials and Processes (M&P), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)-MON09763-2
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
– Develop C-Series in-service Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) procedures;
– Design C-Series NDI Calibration Reference Standard for in-service use.
– Offer NDT expertise and support to the Bombardier Experimental group for the inspection of their C-Series test rigs;
– Perform technical reviews (Procedures, Technique sheets) of C-Series manufacturing NDT processes requiring approval;
– Provide primary technical expertise and leadership in resolving manufacturing issues in the Operations, Quality, Customer Support and Supply Chain departments.
– Perform technical audits of C-Series suppliers and follow-ups on corrective actions;
– Be required to handle difficult issues and make challenging technical decisions.
As our ideal candidate,
– You hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Materials, Metallurgy or Mechanical). (Equivalencies will be considered on a case by case basis.)
– You are certified as a CGSB or ASNT NDT Level 2 or Level 3 in Eddy Current, Ultrasonic and Radiography.
– You have a minimum of five years of experience in NDT in the aerospace industry.
– You are knowledgeable about typical NDT aerospace codes and standards, NADCAP, and with the development of Non Destructive Inspection procedures;
– You are familiar with the non-destructive inspection methodologies of composite materials, assemblies, aircraft structures, aerospace terminology and technical drawings;
– You have shown strong leadership, problem solving, project, and time/priority management skills in your past assignments and require minimum supervision;
– You accept to travel occasionally on a last minute notice;
– You have a good working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, etc.
– You have excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English and basic communication skills in French (minimum).
– You know how to conduct NDT technical audits in-line with your field of expertise;
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Engineering Technician Specialist in Materials and Processes (M&P), Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
Posted in NDT Jobs